WHY CHOOSE DARBY PHOTOS FOR YOUR SCHOOL PHOTOGRAPHY NEEDS?
Darby Photos is locally owned and operated and has specialized exclusively in youth photography for over 20 years. Our friendly and competent staff, combined with cutting edge digital equipment, guarantees happy kids, great expressions and the best portraits in the business.
We operate our own photo lab, so quality is paramount from the moment the portrait is captured to the time it’s printed and packaged. By combining this quality with our unmatched small business customer service approach, Darby Photos is unlike any other photography company.
DARBY PHOTOS SERVICES
Digital Colour Correction and Retouching
Darby Photos individually touches up cuts, scratches, scars, flashback in glasses, blemishes and colour corrects each portrait. These added steps make for higher quality portraits and while other companies may charge fees for this service, Darby Photos is proud to offer Individual Colour Correction and Retouching free of charge as part of our service.
Photo Day Options
On Photo Day, 2 photographers from Darby Photos will come to your school with 2 different photography styles for each student.
Style One, (Pose A) uses our traditional portrait background. You will have the option of receiving your products with our Regular Portrait Crop, or a closer Head & Shoulders Crop.
NEW!! Green Screen Background Replacement Technology
Style Two, (Pose B) will make use of our new Green Screen Technology to offer 12 different background choices.
We will photograph your child’s Pose B in front of a special green screen that allows us to replace the green area with a background of your choice.
In addition to background choices, you will also be able to select the crop of your photo, either Regular Portrait or Head & Shoulders. See Pose B Background options here.
Two Photographers make for better photos
Darby Photos offers two different photographers on photo day, as different photographers tend to get different expressions from the students.
We also offer a re-shoot day for any students that were unsatisfied with their photo or missed the main photo day.
Class Photo Montage with school background photos
Are you ready to do something different with your school’s look? Check out our Class Photo Montage.
Schools may choose between the Photo Montage, a Panoramic Photo of the entire school body, Mounted Class portraits or an Individual Student Body Portrait Composite. All the options come professionally framed and ready to be hung in your school hallway. Your selection would be given to your school at no charge as part of our photography commitment to your school.
UP TO $500 PAC Donation
We believe in giving back to your school. Depending on the photography program selected by your school, Darby Photos can give your school up to $500.00 for booking your schools’ photography services with us.
Current clients use this money for items such as new library books, new technology in classrooms, new sport jerseys, subsidizing field trips or towards larger purchases such as updated playgrounds.
Family Photo Night
Darby Photos will also come to your school and offer a night of family photos. Schools and/or PAC committees can earn up to $500 in just one night with little to no effort.
Between our up to $500 donation and Family Photo Night your school can easily earn up to or over $1000.00 by booking your school portraits with Darby Photos!
Your families will thank you as in addition to great print package prices we also offer photo greeting cards and 30 Green Screen Backgrounds.
Family Plan and Special Situations
Darby Photos understands the financial pressures a large family can experience and so we offer our “Family Plan”. Families with three or more children in the school pay regular price for the photos of the first two children and their additional children receive equivalent photos at no charge.
There may be children in your school whose family simply cannot afford photos. In these cases, Darby Photos will discreetly provide a photo package for free.
Some Other Highlights of Darby Photos’ Services
Please note: exact services can change without notice and do vary from school to school based on the school’s unique needs/requests
- “Safety Card” – Each student will receive three “safety cards”, regardless of whether they order a photo package. Two cards for parents so each can put one in their wallet/purse and a third for the school to be placed in the emergency kits of each class room. This way in case of an emergency an up-to-date photo of each child will always be rapidly accessible.
- Each student/staff regardless of whether they purchase photos or not, will receive a 7×5 class portrait at no charge.
We will upload to your district server or other location requested, each child’s portrait to be part of the BCeSIS data base.
- Our final portraits are delivered within 7 days – with less than one week from the photo day to when the parents see the proofs – a time frame unmatched in the industry.
- Staff receive two portrait sheets at no charge if desired.
- We will supply administrative needs (ID cards, ID books, CD, Rolodex etc.) all labelled with students names or ID number for easy identification, and divided by class. These items can be on a full sticky backed paper to make attaching to a file/folder quick and simple. As well, the office will receive complimentary desk calendars as needed.
- We provide a bound book of individual portraits and a second bound book of 7×5 class portraits for the principal.